Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Peggy Sue’s Debut: Goat Cheese with Style




Reaping the benefits of my job, I received cheese samples yesterday! Not just any cheese, but delicious and locally-made feta goat cheese and chevre, more commonly known as plain goat cheese. The cheese comes from a farm in East Texas and, most importantly, comes from the milk of some extra friendly goats, a few of which go by the names Peggy Sue and Penny Lane. All of the cheeses from this farm are made with a vegetarian-friendly rennet alternative and are prized for being exceptionally creamy. If you desire the taste of pure, unadulterated cheese, Peggy Sue has truly delivered!

Tonight, I will cook a Grecian-inspired meal with the feta cheese. First, I will roast one red bell pepper. After it cools, I will peel the skin, slice it in half, and sandwich a few slices of the feta cheese into the middle. I will then drizzle olive oil onto it and put it back into the oven. The result: a sweet and salty, but still soft and creamy, perfect compliment to my Mediterranean chicken salad. Delicious.

If you would like to taste any of Penny Lane’s cheese, email me at foodiemccoy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment